Friday 24 April 2015

Practicing Bhagavatgita in Mumbai

A few years ago, while driving around in Delhi, I suddenly understood the meaning of a verse that starts “Sarvathah pani padam” in Gita. 

When I read those line forty, and then again thirty, years ago, I did not really grasp the significance of those lines. As soon as I reached home asked Gita, my partner for life, for Gita, the book - the torn down volume that we have been carrying with us in spite of our rather gypsy like lifestyle, moving from rented house to rented house.


It is only now that I had a chance to practice what I understood from those lines. Moving among teeming millions in Mumbai city. No sense of loneliness. No alienation. Just because I was the “sirasoakshisiromukham”. Quite enjoyable. I used to hate the crowd. Now the city was transformed by my posture. You guys should try it too.

I must confess that I also tried to practice some lines from Little Prince. The Emperor. I ordered the seven billion plus to just go ahead and do what they felt like at each moment, while I go and do my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment